This is a management position
- Overnight travel 40% required
- Assist the plant Lead person with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant and mobile equipment
- Inspect and perform maintenance on plant parts, including:
- Ability to access top of tower to change screens and screen deck;
- Ability to access incline conveyors for inspection and maintenance;
- Ability to perform other maintenance related duties on-site as required by supervisors;
- Ability to access all areas of the plant to perform necessary maintenance and repairs;
- Visually observe and monitor gauges and of all equipment while in operation to maintain proper flow of material on belts, crushers, and screens;
- Close all bins and assure all conveyors are running properly;
- Sounds start up alarm to notify all personnel to stay clear of machinery;
- Stop equipment immediately when any blockages occur and obtain assistance as needed;
- Enter production and downtime information into computer systems;
- Knowledge of all applicable regulations affecting plant production, safety environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance of such regulations; and ensure compliance with all regulations and permit conditions;
- Must be competent with computers; willing to learn how to operate drone and software for measuring product quantities on job site for efficient and accurate billing.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond accordingly;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Must be able to accurately complete daily paperwork which includes plant production reports, material produced; fuel consumption, time cards.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public at all times;
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary;
- Report to the assigned job site with required PPE and ready to begin work at the designated start time;
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual;
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired but not required
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check;
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical;
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document;
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements;
- Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards;
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold;
- Must be able to physically stand long periods of time;
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA;
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Perform other duties as required.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at American Materials Company