Are you looking to grow your career with a well-known, successful organization? If you have previous experience as a structural welder, Patriot Towers might be a great fit for you!
Summary of Position: Structural Field Welders responsibilities involve performing proper lay out, fit up of steel plate, beams and various metal components. Must be able to use basic hand tools including grinders, torches, saws to ensure proper fit up of metal components. The Field Welder must possess a basic understanding of mathematics, blueprint reading, as well as general welding knowledge. Welders must be comfortable working from heights to include welding out of position for extended periods of time. Individuals must be able to pass 3G & 4G SMAW welding test on 1" plate after hire.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and follow blueprints, and/or rough sketches
- Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning equipment
- Construction site set up, material staging and tower rigging
- Lifts and loads equipment onto company vehicles
- Works at heights for extended periods of time
- Welds in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions
- Ensures safety standards are met at all times
- Works cooperatively with foreman and members on all crews
- Complete work and maintain high quality standards
- Preps steel for welding and fitment
- Selects proper size and type of welding electrodes to ensure penetration and complete fusion of base and filler metals
- Timesheets are completed accurately and submitted on time
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Working knowledge of different metals and alloys commonly used.
- Must have the mechanical and technical knowledge and skill to perform operator maintenance on all equipment pertinent to the position.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Patriot Towers, Inc. acquisition procedures and practices.
- Must take and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to understand basic and intermediate steel fabrication and installation.
- Basic rigging skills
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1-3 Years related experience
- Certified Welder 3G & 4G
- OSHA 10hr Certification (company will provide)
- Basic math, reading, writing and computer skills
- Must be able to use common sense and solve problems independently
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50lbs independently. Must be able to lift and or move up to 100lbs with help
- Must be able to stand, crawl, crouch, reach and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb and descend a ladder without help
- Ability to climb to heights greater than 500ft
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's license, CDL preferred
- Must be able to travel overnight during the week and weekends
Patriot Towers is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check required. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Must be eligible to work in this country.