Come work for Language Link as an Independent Contractor!
- Are you a Portuguese speaker?
- Have you interpreted professionally or as a volunteer?
- Looking for a career that is flexible and in demand?
While headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, we provide services to clients all over the country, and we work with independently contracted interpreters from all over the world. We service over 240 Languages and dialects. Our interpreters and translators are important to us. Beyond their expert services, we place importance on their job satisfaction and their ability to provide for their families.
A little more about how we work:
As an independent contractor, you will be compensated at a per-minute rate for all completed calls or per-hour for all on-site interpretation. Please note that all telephonic calls are paid on a per-minute basis for time actually spent on calls doing interpretation. You will have access to view your work history and payment information via the web portal, so you will always know exactly what work you have done for us and when and how you will be paid.
- We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Make your own schedule
- Work anytime you want from home
- Be fluent in both English and the target language
- Have strong verbal communication skills in both languages
- Be familiar with note taking and memory techniques
- Professional and courteous behavior
- Be accustomed with the consecutive interpretation process
- Strong ability and passion for interpretation and customer service
- Knowledge of the interpreter Code of Ethics
- Facilitate interpretation in a variety of subjects: medical, social, and legal
- A landline phone is required to accept calls
If this is you, submit a resume today!
We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity in our workforce because we know that the individual strengths and abilities of our employees make us a stronger organization. Language Link provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs