Language Link is hiring Vietnamese Interpreters!
Language Link is a Northwest‐based translation and interpretation company, located in Vancouver, WA. We are searching for talented, highly motivated people to join our team. Our interpreters and translators are important to us. Beyond their expert services, we place importance on their job satisfaction and their ability to provide for their families.
- Hourly wage $14-$17
- Pay based on experience
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fluency in the languages to be interpreted.
- To facilitate understanding in communication by faithfully interpreting, into the target language, everything being said without adding, omitting or changing anything.
- To maintain impartiality and show no bias or preference toward either party while interpreting.
- To interpret in the first form at all times; clarify when necessary (informing both parties) and maintain the highest level of confidentiality as well as abide by code of ethics for interpreters.
- To be aware of his/her own culture and other cultures encountered in their duties and explaining any cultural differences when appropriate.
- To preserve the highest level of proficiency by, continuing to improve his/her interpreting skills and ethical performance.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of customer service towards our clients and theirs, at all times.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We value diversity in our workforce because we know that the individual strengths and abilities of our employees make us a stronger organization. Language Link provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs