New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn 16 extra hours PTO their first day!
At this time, Life's Abundance is only hiring applicants who are fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with state and federal laws.
We are looking for a Copywriter & Video Coordinator in Asheville, NC to join our team of employee-owners at Life’s Abundance! If telling stories through video is a passion, you enjoy connecting with viewers, and you’ve got equal parts scriptwriting and organizational skills, plus a helping of curiosity - keep reading!
- Writing scripts for an array of videos aimed at internal and external audiences (product explainers, company story, training for our sales force, etc.)
- Researching, concepting, and developing content
- Coordinating with the marketing design and content teams to create promotional, compelling and engaging material
- Acting as liaison with video production companies
- Capturing in-house B-roll and/or interviews, some may be spontaneous, some may be preplanned
- Conducting interviews and coaching others on being on-camera
- Providing video and/or logistical support for events including photo shoots and special events
Our Marketing Department is looking for a team member to entice people to engage with the company by creating compelling, on-brand video assets to support various objectives. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is interested in advancing projects while working both independently and in a team-oriented environment. They would possess a passion for storytelling, a learner’s mindset, be a creative thinker and problem-solver who’s jazzed to try new approaches. Even though a typical day isn't very “typical” here (but who wants that anyway), a regular part of their day would involve writing scripts for an array of videos aimed at internal and external audiences. They would also be responsible for acting as liaison with video production companies, so a professional demeanor both written and verbal, along with a knack for storyboarding, an interest in video production, and a directorial eye are valuable skills.
Life’s Abundance provides an ever evolving opportunity for employee growth, and job responsibilities may be modified over time.
What will make you successful
- 2-3 years of writing in marketing or a related field
- Curious with a learner’s mindset
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to write product and company stories effectively, with energy, and reflecting the corporate voice.
- Understanding how to get and keep an audience’s attention
- Interest in video production, or some direct experience
- A knack for storyboarding and a directorial eye for framing and propping is a plus
- Video editing experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, and written, and verbal communication
- Excellent multi-tasking, project management, and attention to detail
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Interest in consumer engagement trends and ability to apply creativity to marketing strategy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Outgoing, hands-on, and proactive in nature
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically for occasional training and company events
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or like Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Video Production, Communications or related field preferred
An abundance of benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-based Quarterly and Annual Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid National Holidays Off
- Medical insurance for employees plus family that includes dental and vision- with up to 85% paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401K Saving Plan
- Professional development and we prefer to promote from within as much as possible
- Discounts on Company Products
- Casual dress - every day is casual Friday
As a company and as a brand, we do amazing things that make a real difference in the lives of consumers, their pets, and our employees. Telling people about why we’re different, how we do things better and with purpose, is an area where we should be shining. That’s because we have great stories, and we need someone to help us tell them. In some ways, it’s time for this 20+ year old company to make its debut. Could you be the storyteller to guide this process?
At Life’s Abundance we put people first - in fact, that principle is hardcoded into the way we do business. By shifting the conversation from profit to purpose and from sales to sustainability, we are committed to empowering people and pets to live healthier and happier lives.
As a Certified Evergreen company, we have found that nurturing a workforce motivated by our purpose and culture builds a rock-solid foundation. We take care of our people, and they take care of our customers, distributors, communities, and families.
Our culture is an investment in a stronger company, which in turn strengthens the world at large. We are 100% employee-owned, and it shows in the way we take ownership of initiatives and work together as a team. If you’re an energetic, collaborative person who wants to make a positive dent in the universe while helping others live their best lives, we want to hear from you!
At Life’s Abundance, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. Life’s Abundance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position