We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our team of employee-owners at Life’s Abundance! No previous purchasing experience? No problem! If the idea of coordinating an orchestra with many moving parts excites and intrigues you- keep reading.
Our Purchasing Department is looking for a team member to make certain that inventory is at optimal levels, cost, and quality in keeping with our standards to ensure availability for our Field Reps and their customers. The right candidate will be detail oriented, diligent, proactive, and enjoys working in a team-oriented environment. They would possess a learner’s mindset and enjoy orchestrating many moving parts. Even though a typical day isn't very “typical” here (but who wants that anyways), a regular part of their day would involve building and maintaining relationships with vendors of mutual trust and hard expectations of the business conduct. They would also be responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels for products across the company and maintain control of moving parts of the order life cycle to anticipate and prevent inventory issues.
- Vendor relations including: building and maintaining relations of mutual trust and hard expectations in line with vendor agreements, persistent communication to achieve objectives of the department while maintaining a positive working relationship, resolve billing issues in quantities and agreed upon costs, locate opportunities and conduct research on potential products, vendors, and services.
- Inventory management: Liaising with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time, maintain proper inventory and safety stock levels, maintain control of moving parts of the order life cycle to analyze, anticipate, and prevent inventory issues.
- Purchasing Functions: maintain office and warehouse supply levels across the company, maintain accurate count and issue purchasing orders.
- Supply chain communication and logistics: act as a liaison between vendors, logistic partners, and the rest of the company. Maintain flowing relations with logistic partners and trucking companies to ensure timely pickups and deliveries.
Life’s Abundance provides an ever evolving opportunity for employee growth, and job responsibilities may be modified over time.
What will make you successful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with detail oriented tasks and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new software and work with new technology
- Must have a learner’s mindset with a positive attitude
- Willingness and ability to travel, less than 10%
- Availability to work full-time Monday through Friday
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
An abundance of benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-based Quarterly and Annual Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid National Holidays Off
- Medical insurance for employees plus family that includes dental and vision- with up to 85% paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401K Saving Plan
- Professional development, and we prefer to promote from within as much as possible
- Discounts on Company Products
- Casual dress- everyday is casual Friday
At Life’s Abundance we put people first- in fact, that principle is hard coded into the way we do business. By shifting the conversation from profit to purpose and from sales to sustainability, we are committed to empowering people and their pets to live healthier and happier lives.
As a Certified Evergreen company, we have found that nurturing a workforce motivated by our purpose and culture builds a rock-solid foundation. We take care of our people, and they take care of our customers, distributors, communities, and families.
Our culture is an investment in a stronger company, which in turn strengthens the world at large. We are 100% employee-owned, and it shows in the way we take ownership of initiatives and work together as a team. If you’re an energetic, collaborative person who wants to make a positive dent in the universe while helping others live their best lives, we want to hear from you!
At Life’s Abundance we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. Life’s Abundance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position