As a “caretaker” of our brand’s legacy, the Trade Show Specialist will coordinate all the activities involved in planning, preparing, and implementing trade shows; supporting and equipping the Sales Department with the tools necessary to engage new and existing customers. This position organizes the development of marketing information, communications, materials, and activities. The goal of this position is to ensure successful shows for our sales staff.
- Trade Show Coordination
- Maintain an active database of potential shows as well as the yearly schedule of active and rejected shows
- Responsible for equipping the trade show team with graphics, product samples, and marketing materials
- Manage ongoing show calendar, schedule, and paperwork
- Responsible for collating, packing, and shipping materials to shows and for facilitating successful return shipments
- Entering product orders for shows, processing invoices, and returning products into inventory afterwards
- Ability and desire to travel to and exhibit personally at trade shows. Expected multiple times per year
- Facilitate any strategic planning trade show meetings. Lead budgetary discussions as it pertains to trade shows
- Track all trade show costs and expenses, staying within the budget.
- Other Duties
- Brainstorm, develop, and assist in executing a variety of marketing campaigns including direct mail, social, and email
- Manage marketing material quantities and storage – maintaining adequate levels for present and expected volumes
- Ability to successfully take and enter orders and retrieve customer data from CRM
- Supply product samples to customers, vendors, prospects, dealers and other parties as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data for synthesizing complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects and completes projects on time and budget or notifies appropriate person.
- Technical – Shares expertise with the team on the use of Excel for costing of events and projects.
- Customer Service – Meets commitments and responds promptly to internal and external customer needs.
- Interpersonal Skills – Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification about the customer’s needs.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, communicating effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Teamwork – Supports the team and organization’s efforts toward increasing revenue and profitability.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources, while contributing to profits and revenue.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; upholds organizational values and policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Self Management
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals, while demonstrating persistence to overcome obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently as demonstrated by consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors work to ensure work and content submitted meets the company’s standard for quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards as established by monthly marketing goals.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Ensures tasks are on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Sources and takes advantage of opportunities as confirmed by meeting and exceeding marketing goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years related experience and/or training in coordinating events – preference for working with creative and sales teams
- Must be able to provide concrete examples organizational abilities and relational skills – with a preference for those in business and/or marketing
- Proven expertise in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, scheduling software and the databases and software used in manufacturing
- Exceptional writing and communication skills – able to create meaningful connections with groups and individuals
- A current and valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel 5-10% of the time
- Preferred Qualifications
- Language Skills: Proven ability to read and interpret complex business communication. Demonstrated ability to produce insightful and engaging designs; responding and reporting intelligently to the public and leadership.
- Mathematical Skills: Documented ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Proven ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, schedule, or web based form.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of database software; project management software; MS Word and MS Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position