As a “caretaker” of our brand’s legacy, the primary objective for the Customer Service - Sales Order Processor (CSR) is to provide superlative front-facing service to company’s devoted mix of business, government, and consumer customers. The highly motivated and detail-oriented CSR will supply a high volume of order data entry support according to the customers’ needs and specifications.
WORK ACTIVITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service
- Answer, screen and route multi-line high volume of incoming phones calls
- Answer customer concerns in a professional and helpful manner
- Greet visitors and walk-in customers
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide accurate information to customers regarding discrepancies and P.O. issues
- Up sell additional product and merchandise to customer
- Sales Order Processing
- Accurate high volume data entry of assigned orders
- Determine total costs related to product, discounts, and shipping of orders
- Receives, interprets, and processes customer orders for product
- Record and file copies of orders received daily
- Prepare international commercial invoices
- Receive from shipping the orders to be invoiced and prepare them for posting
- Confirm shipping details and weights and resolve discrepancies found in the shipment request or weights
- Collate invoices by payment terms (i.e., net 30 and credit card) and confirm terms match the status report
- Confirm that credit card receipts match the final totals (with shipping and sales tax) and resolve any discrepancies
- Merge and collate paperwork from various payment methods
- Print and review the invoices and return appropriate paperwork to shipping
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Work closely with various departments to meet customer’s expectations throughout the sales cycle.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks respectfully, clearly and tactfully in positive and/or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively and presents numerical data effectively as required.
- Teamwork – Supports the team and organization’s efforts toward increasing revenue and profitability.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; upholds organizational values and policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Self Management
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence by meeting and exceeding service and data entry goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently as demonstrated by consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure work and content submitted meets the company’s standard for quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards as established by monthly service goals.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in providing pleasant and superior service.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Confidentiality – Maintains and promotes a high degree of confidentiality regarding business practices and personnel.
- Discretion – Uses discretion when communicating or evaluating situations and decisions with staff members and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) some college preferred
- One year of related experience and/or training providing business to business customer service with multiplex phones
- Proven data entry skills to include use of a ten-key and typing of at least 45 WPM with few errors
- Working knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Excel and Word
- Preferred Qualifications
- Language Skills: Proven ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one to customers and employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Documented ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a documented knowledge of order entry, data base software and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at JL Darling LLC