As a “caretaker” of our brand’s legacy; the Inventory Assistant will support company’s inventory processes by maintaining inventory records, track the status of requisitions and invoices, maintain files and organize inventory records in our databases. Periodically, the Assistant will also provide the reports necessary for other departments to make high-quality business decisions. The Assistant will use excellent time-management skills to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously that are under tight deadlines.
WORK ACTIVITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining inventory records
- Organize and locate inventory in databases and online system
- Resolve differences by locating product or isolating errors in record
- Follow established procedures for inventory control
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Create internal job and print tickets
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders
- Generate reports on inventory balance and shortages
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Accurately report the results of data collected and researched in a timely fashion.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects and communicates changes and progress promptly.
- Technical Skills – Shares expertise in Excel and reports as the knowledge expert for periodic and ad hoc reporting
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and tactfully in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively and presents numerical data accurately and effectively.
- Teamwork – Supports the team and organization’s efforts toward increasing revenue and profitability.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; upholds organizational values and policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently as indicated by meeting deadlines.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure work and content submitted meets the company’s standard for quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards as established by reporting goals and timelines.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed to ensure the team is able to meet and exceed monthly goals.
- High School education with some college preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year related experience in administrative role – with a preference for inventory in manufacturing
- Proven data entry skills to include use of a ten-key and typing of at least 45 WPM with few errors
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office Excel and Word, Crystal Reports and mining databases (e.g., Order Management System (OMS), inventory, or purchasing)
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase orders, inventory records, and software technical help guides. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position