As a “caretaker” of our brand’s legacy, the Press Operator I will produce high quality, printed paper products by setting up and operating the offset press and other reproduction equipment. To meet production goals – they will check the proofs, make operating adjustments and visually check during a run to ensure the multipage items meet our high standards for color and quality.
WORK ACTIVITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily planning of the process steps based on production needs, deadlines and quotas
- Perform complex machine or process operations with considerable application of knowledge of process variables to adjust or align in order to produce a desired outcome
- Make up press forms where layouts have been made by others, mount in press, adjust ink and feed, stack and segregate finished work and estimates spoilage
- Operate production line machinery and computers
- Notifying appropriate individuals of malfunctions or difficulties with material and supplies.
- Inspect and test product to ensure quality specifications – rejecting products outside of specifications
- Job Completion
- Stack completed items on skid and place products in the designated transfer area for use by the next station
- Notify supervisor of malfunctions or issues with materials, supplies or products
- Complete job tracking and daily production logs
- Communicate with other operators, leads and supervisors regarding tasks completed and problems
- Maintenance and Safety
- Strictly follow the established rules for safety while using the various machinery, tools and supplies
- Clean, organize and maintain the work area, machinery, tools and supplies
- Perform preventive maintenance on production line machinery
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Meets commitments and responds promptly to internal and external customer needs.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively and presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit, putting the success of team above own interests.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources; contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; upholds organizational values and policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Self Management
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows and responds to management instruction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience or training operating an offset press – Ryobi 2 Color or Komori 26 2 Color is preferred
- Proven ability to perform routine preventative maintenance on these or similar presses
- Demonstrated ability in basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Preferred Qualifications
- Language Skills: Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Proven ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Documented ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Demonstrated ability to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Reasoning Ability: Proven ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Computer Skills: Demonstrated ability in communication tools and computer software used in a printing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Frequently looks down to work surface. The continuous handling, gripping, grasping of paper, print items, boxes is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sheet fed, offset, press operator, machine operator, komori, Ryobi, pressmen, press shop
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at JL Darling LLC