The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a regular, full time, Director of Corporate & Community Partnerships. This position will be responsible for cultivating, managing, and stewarding relationships with corporate and community partners. This position will oversee the events department and will focus on raising visibility in the North County region. This individual will be a key contributor to the Food Bank’s Development Plan. This position provides stellar leadership, support to fundraising, and support to special events. The individual will assist the VP of Communications & Development with the cultivation of gifts from a variety of sources and performs other related duties as assigned.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing nutritious food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Research and identify new funding prospects, and for cultivating corporate partnerships (including sponsorships and other giving opportunities.)
- Develop a menu of sponsorship opportunities to sell to corporate and community partners, with the goal of establishing long-lasting relationships. They will be responsible for managing sponsorship contracts and logistics, and will work closely with Marketing & Communications on sponsorship recognition.
- Responsible for writing well-researched, well-written, and well-documented proposals and create presentations for prospective partners in an effort to cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships and will maintain relationship contact notes in the donor database in collaboration with the President & CEO and the VP of Communications & Development.
- Liaison between the North County community and the Food Bank, building awareness and facilitating partnerships. Identify opportunities for third party events and other awareness building opportunities in North County.
- Oversee the creation, planning, coordination and follow-through on events designed to impact the community with respect to fund development and communications in order to financially sustain the Food Bank’s mission.
- Establish and monitor event budgets to ensure that events are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise Special Events Manager and Corporate & Community Partnerships Manager.
- Formulate and implement policies to meet department goals
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Fund development including research and cultivation of community groups and corporations.
- Event planning and execution of fundraising and donor recognition events.
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations governing nonprofit agencies.
- Fund development theory and practice.
- Research methods and analysis techniques.
- Principles and practices of sound business communications, including impeccable grammar and spelling in the English language.
- Principles and practices of effective management and supervision of employees.
- SDFB administrative regulations and human resources policies.
- Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook & Word) and Donor Perfect.
- Plan and organize work in order to achieve designated goals.
- Function independently without close supervision.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply SDFB policies and procedures.
- Present proposals and recommendations clearly, logically and persuasively in public and private meetings.
- Represent the SDFB effectively in multiple and diverse agencies, groups and individuals.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
- Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies and other written materials.
- Exercise sound, expert independent judgment and seasoned political acumen within policy guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with President & CEO, all levels of management, other governmental and funding source officials, civic and community groups, business leaders, public interest groups, consultants, vendors, employees, media representatives and the public.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, having the ability to make presentations to potential funders, SDFB Board of Directors and a variety of stakeholders.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Contribute to the Food Bank’s Development Plan.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
A typical way of obtaining the Knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in marketing or business management, or a closely related field; and at least three years of progressively responsible management experience in development (preferably in the nonprofit sector); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- A valid California Driver’s License
- Must have own vehicle and mileage will be reimbursed
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday – Friday; 8:00a – 5:00p. Position does require frequent early morning, late evenings and weekend hours to attend events, meetings, etc.
- This position is required to travel 80% of the time; travel is primarily local.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The compensation for this position is based on experience. The compensation package includes an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching up to 3%; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Submissions with a missing resume and cover letter will not be considered for the position.
This is a management position
This is a regular full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs