The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently recruiting three seasonal Warehouse Drivers to operate trucks and vans used for the distribution of food products and supplies. The assignment will be from mid-October 2017 to mid-January 2018.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
This position performs a variety of tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, loading and unloading of delivery trucks at the Food Bank's centralized warehousing and distribution facility. This may include the following:
- The individual unloads, weighs, stores and keeps accurate records of the food being donated by each entity. The individual will be responsible for turning in the delivery/pickup sheets to the Food Drive Coordinator
- The individual loads truck for delivery and delivers food products to distribution sites; assists with the off-loading of food products and supplies at distribution sites.
- The individual receives, stores and maintains an inventory of food products and supplies; inspects goods received for quality, quantity and correctness; verifies and checks items received against bills of lading; pulls, boxes and checks the accuracy of orders filled; loads pallets.
A qualified candidate has:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; and two years of progressively responsible experience in warehousing and delivery duties.
- Experience using warehouse delivery equipment, e.g. fork lifts, electric pallet jacks, vans, and trucks.
- A valid drivers license.
This is a seasonal, full-time, & non-exempt position that will work 40 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits. The the hourly pay for this position will be $13.00.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Submissions missing a resume will not be considered for the position.
This is a seasonal full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs