The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is currently hiring a regular full-time Warehouse Sanitation Technician to perform a variety of tasks involved in the cleaning and maintenance of the Food Bank’s centralized warehouse and distribution facility.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO FOOD BANK
Established in 1977, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org.
- The Warehouse Sanitation Technician is responsible for maintaining a weekly cleaning and maintenance schedule in the warehouse and surrounding areas as directed by the supervisor.
- The individual operates and maintains scrubber machines, push sweepers, pressure washers, manual and electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and other equipment to properly sanitize the warehouse premises, trucks, and equipment.
- The individual is responsible for disposing of trash, boxes and pallets, cleaning receptacles, transferring recycling materials to appropriate bins, and performing general building maintenance as needed to keep the warehouse in a clean and orderly condition.
- The individual performs a wide range of cleaning and maintenance duties including but not limited to sanitizing floors, washing windows, dusting racks & rollup doors, pressure washing docks, trucks and equipment, sanitizing the sorting and repack rooms, checking for and resolving spills in the cooler, cleaning the freezer floor, maintaining supply levels in warehouse facilities, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance to other warehouse needs which can include, but are not limited to; assist with pick-ups and deliveries and organize cooler/freezer by consolidating pallets and sorting products.
- Ensure that the first in and first out method is applied to all products. Support all programs in the warehouse by preparing EFAP orders, complete regular inventory counts and unloading trucks.
A qualified candidate has:
- Experience operating standard materials, supplies, parts and tools used in daily warehouse cleaning and general warehouse operations.
- Experience operating forklifts, manual and electric pallet jacks, pressure washers, scrubbers, and other general warehouse equipment.
- The ability to work independently and with minimal direction, find value in their work by maintaining organization’s mission and a concern for maintaining proper safety protocol.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; and at least 2 years of direct experience is preferred.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The compensation package includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plans; company paid term life insurance; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave. A market-level competitive salary will be paid based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on our career website located at (https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=jc). Submissions missing a resume will not be considered for the position.
This is a regular full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs