Position Summary – PART TIME (This is not a remote position)
This position can be flexible to accommodate the student’s college class schedule. The Accounting Intern will assist with many functions within the Accounting Department. The Accounting Intern will work closely with the Staff Accountants, AP Manager, Accounting Managers, and the Controller. Assists in full cycle accounts payable, reconciling and reviewing balance sheet, income statement and other reports as needed for variance analysis, support, explanations for both internal and external reporting. Assists other accounting department team with essential daily and monthly account reconciliation, check processing, and operational support. Assists the Accounting team with ad hoc report requests or analysis. Collaborates with other corporate departments and accounting team members to improve working processes and provide accounting deliverables.
What You Must Have:
- Currently enrolled in college, seeking a degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- Strong organizational and planning skills with a strong emphasis on detail accuracy
- Above average excel formula capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management, departments, and vendors
- Be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Strong ability to learn new skills and software
- Positive and hardworking attitude
What You Will Do:
- Assist with Full Cycle Accounts Payable for multiple entities
- Be able to manage time and responsibilities to meet deadlines including financial month-end close
- Assist Accounting Manager with monthly close entries and subledger to general ledger reconciliation
- Works with Controller and Accounting Manager with a variety of ad hoc projects
- Works with Company’s sites on questions and accounts payable inquiries
- Works with other team members to improve efficiency and accuracy of accounting information
Working with Heart to Heart Hospice
We are looking for a compassionate, talented and experienced Accounting Intern that is experienced in customer service and eager to join an exciting organization.
You can Make A Difference in the lives of others!
At Heart to Heart Hospice, our employees enhance the lives of patients with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones during a time when compassionate care is needed most. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, and we offer individuals the opportunity to be associated with a caring staff and organization, while creating positive contributions in their community.
It is this Agency's policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, military status, gender preference, sex, marital status, national origin or disability.
Accounting Intern, Intern, Accounting, Medical Accounting, AP,
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position