Due to growth, we are seeking a Legal Assistant for the General Counsel.
Working with Heart to Heart Hospice:
At Heart to Heart Hospice, we provide “Compassionate Care, From Our Heart to Yours.” Our employees enhance the lives of patients with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones, during a time when compassionate care is needed most. They say, “Home is Where the Heart is” and we want you to find your career home with Heart to Heart. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, and we offer individuals the opportunity to be associated with a caring staff and organization, while creating positive contributions in their community.
What you will do:
- Office administration duties such as ability to manage a calendars for the General Counsel including calculating and tracking deadlines and setting reminders. Other duties may include file organization, handling expense reports, making phone calls and gathering case-related records.
- Organization of multiple legal entities
- Proficient and accurate use of Excel, Power Point and Word processing software.
- Filing, copying, mail distribution, answering telephones, maintaining legal files and client records, including tickler systems and calendaring.
- File legal papers/pleadings at the courthouse or through e-filing, including setting hearing dates, and interacting with court staff, opposing parties and clients.
- A solid working knowledge of monitoring and accurately maintaining case status through electronic case management system.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Projects as needed.
- 5+ years of related legal secretary experience.
- Candidate must have superior technical, proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact in a professional and courteous manner with a diverse population, including office personnel, vendors, and other professional contacts.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, efficient, organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with advanced knowledge in MS Word a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all duties.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attendance record.
Competitive Salary, Incentive Program, Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Full Time Employee Benefits:
At Heart to Heart Hospice we offer the opportunity for you to join a caring company that believes in the importance of supporting our team members so that they are free to provide exceptional compassion and care to our patients. Heart to Heart Hospice offers a leading employment package that includes competitive pay, flexible positions and comprehensive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long term insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) with matching, tuition assistance, continuing education, company cars to qualified individuals and much more.
It is this Agency’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, military status, gender preference, sex, marital status, national origin or disability.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position