We are looking for a compassionate, talented and experienced Insurance Verification Specialist that is eager to join an exciting, growing organization.
Working with Heart to Heart Hospice
At Heart to Heart Hospice, we provide “Compassionate Care, From Our Heart to Yours.” Our employees enhance the lives of patients with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones, during a time when compassionate care is needed most. They say, “Home is Where the Heart is” and we want you to find your career home with Heart to Heart. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, and we offer individuals the opportunity to be associated with a caring staff and organization, while creating positive contributions in their community.
What You Will Do:
As our Insurance Verification Specialist, you will use your talent and abilities in many ways, including:
- Perform daily new referral patient benefits for Medicaid, Medicare, private pay and commercial policies
- Update claim information based on research and communication from a member or provider.
- Complete necessary adjustments to claims to ensure the proper hospice benefit periods are applied using the appropriate processes and procedures from CWF for CMS.
What You Must Have:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of medical billing/collections experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement processes and procedures.
- Ability to work with other employees and provide assistance as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer literacy.
- Organized work habits, accuracy, and proven attention to detail, with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Full Time Employee Benefits
At Heart to Heart Hospice we offer the opportunity for you to join a caring company that believes in the importance of supporting our team members so that they are free to provide exceptional compassion and care to our patients. Heart to Heart Hospice offers a leading employment package that includes competitive pay, flexible positions and comprehensive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long term insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) with matching, tuition assistance, continuing education, company cars to qualified individuals and much more.
It is this Agency’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, military status, gender preference, sex, marital status, national origin or disability.
hospice benefit periods, commercial insurance, billing
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position