POSITION TITLE: Retail Associate
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full time or Part time
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods Retail (DGR)
The starting pay for this position is $15.85 per hour.
- Accept, sort and grade quality of donations
- Provide receipts to GIRE donors
- Track daily donor counts.
- Hang and tag clothing and bedding merchandise
- Price housewares
- Run racks/carts to sales floor for stocking shelves/racks
- Support the location by maintaining a clean, organized worksite
Opportunity for qualified team members to perform cashiering functions:
- Perform opening process of cashier
- Operate cash register and credit card machine
- Greet all customers
- Stock shelves/racks with merchandise
- Maintain sales floor in a neat, clean, and easy to shop manner
- Maintain fitting rooms
- Assist in rotating stock
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Physical stamina to perform tasks for full work shift
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to take direction and work independently or with minimal supervision
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to all weather conditions/elements. May be working outside with uneven walking surfaces and cement floors and/or inside on carpet, linoleum, tile or cement floors. Will experience moderate to extreme variations in temperature and weather, exposure to vehicle fumes, moderate to low noise level, and moderate to high levels of dust. May experience overhead lighting as well as both direct and indirect sunlight. Frequent to constant interactions with general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent to constant standing and walking on concrete and/or uneven surfaces. Ability to perform continuous lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling and stretching. Frequent pushing and pulling on varying surfaces. Mobility throughout the location is required. Continuous speech and visual skills required. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively, up to 50 pounds occasionally and maneuver up to 400 pounds using assistive equipment.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a part-time position