POSITION TITLE: Material Handler 1
- Accept and sort donations.
- Perform daily supply and equipment inventory
- Track daily donor counts.
- Provide receipts to GIRE donors.
- Complete daily inspection logs.
- Assist with loading and unloading GIRE trucks.
- Support Outlet Center by filling and rotating tables
- Perform secondary sort for recycling and bulk sales.
- Operate machinery such as Tipper, Compactor and Baler, as directed.
- Process electronic waste and hazardous materials, as directed.
- Opportunity to learn forklifting and earn a Beginner Forklift Certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to comprehend operating and safety instructions.
- Ability to take direction, work independently or with a team and work with minimal supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to all weather conditions/elements. May be working outside with uneven walking surfaces and cement floors and/or inside on cement floors. Will experience moderate to extreme variations in temperature and weather, exposure to vehicle fumes, moderate to low noise levels and moderate to high levels of dust. Frequent interaction with the public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to withstand frequent sitting, standing and walking on concrete or uneven surfaces. Ability to perform continuous lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling throughout entire work shift. Frequent pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver weights up to 400 pounds using proper equipment.
For safety reasons, vision must be correctable to 20/20 and employee must be able to wear all personal protective equipment that is assigned, including, but not limited to, gloves, vests and eye protection.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Warehouse/Transportation Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
This is a part-time position