EIGHT TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016 THROUGH 2020!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Retail Associate
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time or Part-time
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods Retail (DGR)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!
As a non-exempt/full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select the Benefits tab on our home page for more information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: As a member of the DGR store team, Retail Associates are expected to provide exceptional customer service while accepting, sorting, pricing and selling donated goods. Additionally, Retail Associates are required to support all efforts of the DGR team including supporting the transportation team on site, maintaining the work environment in a clean and orderly fashion, and adhering to all GIRE personnel policies.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NOTE: Based upon an employee’s individual strengths and/or organizational needs, management may deem it appropriate to have an individual work at one specific workstation for an unspecified length of time or at multiple workstations throughout at shift. Assignments may vary by day.
- Adhere to all Goodwill personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and location
- Meet standards for assigned Area of Pride
- Adhere to dress code
- Attend location meeting as scheduled
- Follow all safety protocols
- Report all incidents of injury, safety, theft, or harassment immediately
Receiving, Sorting and Pricing Wares Workstation at donation door:
- Greet donor vehicle courteously and accept donated goods with care
- Communicate to donors why certain items cannot be accepted by Goodwill (“GIRE Do Not Accept List”) as needed
- Offer tax receipts to all donors
- Complete Daily Donation Log timely and accurately
- Separate soft line goods from hardline goods at receipt of goods
- Follow production protocols and provide accurate production reporting
- Sort hardline goods as instructed
- Price hardline goods appropriate for the sales floor following Unit Pricing Guidelines
- Deliver donated textile materials to Sorting, Grading & Hanging Workstation
Sorting, Grading and Hanging Workstation for textile/wares:
- Inspect donated goods for quality to determine marketability
- Tag donated items according to Goodwill’s rotation system and Unit Pricing Guidelines
- Hang/tag inspected goods for placement onto sales floor
- Produce appropriate quality and number of textile/wares items each day to meet Goodwill’s production goals and standards
Sales Floor/Cashier Workstation:
- Responsible for the ownership of assigned cash drawer/till
- Greet all customers within 30 seconds of entering the store and every time they are within 10 feet of you
- Facilitate sales transactions through accurate cash register operations and in accordance to cash handling and related policies, including voids, employee purchases, voucher redemptions, etc.
- Knowledgeable of merchandise pricing
- Maintain the sales floor and inventory in a clean, neat, and properly displayed manner
- Put away all merchandise that accumulates in the fitting rooms and at the checkout counters
- Stock shelves and racks as merchandise is moved from the production area to the sales floor
- Assist in rotating stock as directed by management
- Give excellent customer service and remain calm and professional under stressful situations
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain personal workspace to include, but is not limited to: security, cleanliness and energy efficiency to include turning on/off equipment/lights as necessary
- Provide assistance and support to other Goodwill staff as necessary
- Work habit expectations include: regular attendance, punctuality, teamwork, focus, efficiency, willingness to learn, dependability, promptness, and integrity
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers at all levels, consumers, volunteers, and the general public
- The ability to maintain productivity and work with a sense of accomplishment and a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to speak, read, write in English and count
- Ability to take direction and work independently or with minimal supervision
- Physical stamina to perform tasks for full work shift
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to all weather conditions/elements. May be working outside with uneven walking surfaces and cement floors and/or inside on carpet, linoleum, tile or cement floors. Will experience moderate to extreme variations in temperature and weather, exposure to vehicle fumes, moderate to low noise level, and moderate to high levels of dust. May experience overhead lighting as well as both direct and indirect sunlight. Frequent to constant interactions with general public
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to withstand frequent standing and walking on concrete and/or uneven surfaces. Ability to perform continuous lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling and stretching. Frequent pushing and pulling on varying surfaces. Mobility throughout the location is required. Continuous speech and visual skills required. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively, up to 50 pounds occasionally and maneuver up to 400 pounds using assistive equipment.
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position