VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY 2021 — NINETH TIME OVERALL AND SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Retail Store Assistant Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full Time
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Learn how to manage the activities of a retail store in a manner that will ensure maximum profitability and efficiency, while creating a positive image of GIRE in the community. Provide managerial duties as required.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Store staff, consumers and volunteers
RESPONSIBILITIES-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS–UNDER SUPERVISION AND/OR AS DIRECTED BY STORE MANAGER:
- Achieves financial objectives by actively participating in the preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions. Achieve or exceed the budgeted expense/revenue ratio. Monitor ratio daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Manage the intake and processing of donations to achieve or exceed the daily production and sales goals.
- Maintain inventory quality standards; set standards for each department.
- Maintain budgeted staffing levels with employees that meet or exceed the performance standards of their position.
- Perform interviews for potential employees in accordance with practices established by Human Resources. Complete evaluations and necessary disciplinary action as directed by senior retail management and Human Resources
- Train employees and consumers in proper work habits, job responsibilities, and policies/procedures. Implement consumer training programs and coordinate with Workforce Development Department.
- Provide professional customer service.
- Bring up to standard all issues surfaced during each store visit checklist within the required time frame.
- Maintain required sales, inventory, personnel, and supply records. Send accurate and complete paperwork to the appropriate department at the administrative office in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete and submit employee and consumer payroll records. Maintain schedules and payroll records as required by Human Resources.
- Review and analyze data on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of sales/donation methods and procedures. Recommended changes to Retail Regional Manager.
- Manage store in accordance with high professional work ethics and integrity as well as Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Maintain displays and utilize all marketing tools per established procedures.
- Maintain facility and grounds in a neat and clean condition at all times. Promptly report needed repairs/replacements to the designated staff member.
- Follow and enforce loss prevention and safety procedures at all times. Provide a safe work environment.
- Attend management meetings as requested. Provide information for effective planning.
- Back up any position in the store as needed to accomplish goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Retail Regional Manager or Vice President of Retail.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in increasingly responsible supervisory/management position in the retail sales field. Prior experience in a retail thrift environment desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Good math skills.
- Able to supervise and train employees and consumers.
- Respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times. Ability to handle and resolve customer inquiries and complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Able to positively influence and motivate assigned staff.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook at a beginning to intermediate level. Typing speed of not less than 45 WPM.
- Organized and able to work independently.
- Experience in budget control, cash management, and basic fiscal controls.
- Knowledge and experience in merchandising techniques.
- Good communication skills, both in writing, and orally.
- Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds.
- Must have access to a vehicle, current driver’s license, and California auto insurance.
- Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage calls.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to low level noise. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Interaction with the general public. May be exposed to moderate levels of dust.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous bending, stooping, stretching, walking with mobility throughout the store. Continuous simple grasping. Frequent to continuous fine finger movement to operate cash register and computer. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required. Occasional vehicle travel.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a management position
This is a full-time position