EIGHT TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016 THROUGH 2020!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
This position has a starting pay of $20.00 per hour
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Provide routine maintenance for the Main Facility, all
Retail Facilities, and outlying Workforce Development Offices in a manner that ensures
maximum safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- With assistance from the Facilities Manager, prioritize repair requests on a weekly basis
- Keep a log of repairs, status, and completion dates, and submit it to the Facilities Manager on a weekly basis
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and purchase needed supplies on approval of the Facilities Manager
- Perform periodic preventative inspections on electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure safe and uninterrupted operations. Make repair recommendations to the Facilities Manager
- Perform periodic preventative inspections on the interior and exterior of all Facilities to ensure maximum safety, security, and appearance. Make repair recommendations to the Facilities Manager
- Perform routine maintenance as needed at all locations, including carpentry, painting, landscaping, and other minor repairs
- Inspect the roofs and clean the gutters and downspouts on a seasonal basis Perform job duties in accordance with GIRE Policies
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Manager
- One or more years of experience in Maintenance or related work, with demonstrated knowledge of basic building maintenance and landscape maintenance
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Safety and Maintenance Programs and Procedures preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver weights with proper equipment
- A valid California Driver’s License, a clean DMV Report, and California Auto Insurance
WORK ENVIRONMENT: You will experience cement and asphalt walking surfaces, exposure to high levels of dust and noise, and continuous exposure to all weather conditions/elements. You will occasionally operate and move mechanical machinery, power and non-power tools. Frequent vehicle travel is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will be standing, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, and walking continuously, with frequent pushing, pulling, and grasping. You will climb ladders
occasionally. Visual ability and gross manual dexterity are required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager(s)
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
This is a part-time position