SEVENTIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Customer Experience Supervisor
This position has a starting pay of $15.50 per hour
All Goodwill Employees receive a 20% discount in our Retail Stores! Please select the Benefits tab on our home page for more Benefits information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: As a member of the GIRE retail team, the Customer Experience Supervisor (CES) is responsible for the customer’s overall shopping experience. The CES assists in the planning, coordination, and direction of daily activities related to customer service. This includes training and leading staff in a customer centric environment. The CES works to ensure the store is clean, neat, and easy to shop to support sales and net revenue on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as well as enhance the positive image of Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire (GIRE) in the community.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: In combination with the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager(s), the CES will give direction to all employees, consumers, and volunteers assigned to the store.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with all customer needs
- Uphold a high-quality store experience for the external and internal customer
- Ensure that every customer is greeted by store staff
- Maintain merchandise inventory quality standards
- Assist the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager(s) with merchandising the store
- Oversee/Perform cash handling responsibilities with accuracy and timeliness, including operation of the cash register, preparing bank deposits, and completing the daily store report
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies while working within the expense budget
- Follow and enforce loss prevention and safety procedures at all times
- Handle and resolve customer inquiries and complaints tactfully and professionally
- Respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times
- Assist the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager(s) with training the employees and consumers in proper work habits, policies, procedures, and job responsibilities
- Customer service professional, retail experience preferred
- High school diploma or the equivalent required
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to use computer programs to perform daily tasks
- Ability to supervise and train employees and consumers
- Ability to understand and calculate basic retail math functions
- Organized and able to work independently
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Must be easily accessible by phone
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Incumbent will be exposed to low level noise and moderate levels of dust in a retail environment with a temperate climate, overhead lighting, and interaction with the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous bending, stooping, stretching, and walking with mobility throughout the store. Continuous simple grasping. Frequent to continuous fine finger movement to operate cash register. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager(s)
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a non-management position
This is a part-time position