SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
This position has a starting pay of $15.00 per hour
All Goodwill Employees receive a 20% discount in our Retail Stores! Please select the Benefits tab on our home page for more Benefits information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under supervision, the Team Leader is responsible for providing wellness/recovery services including peer counseling and socialization support and carrying out other center functions, e.g., clerical, environmental, information, referral, and outreach.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Interns
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide information and orientation to potential members
- Create an environment that encourages members to be involved in tasks and center activities
- Conduct group and individual peer counseling sessions
- Facilitate support groups
- Plan and implement activities that sustain the effective operation of peer centers and meet the needs of center members
- Recruit and interview applicants for intern positions
- Ensure peer centers are safe environments for members
- Ensure that all member-related records are maintained in accordance with the confidentiality requirements of Goodwill-Redwood Empire
- Ensure that all statistics and records are accurate and timely
- Implement short and long term range program goals
- Ensure that the assigned aspects of peer center operations and activities are carried out according to agency policies and procedures
- Focus on creating and maintaining positive relationships with members
- As needed, perform environmental duties including cleaning and servicing restrooms, sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, emptying trash and processing recyclables
- Participate in internal peer center and Goodwill-Redwood Empire committees as requested
- Adhere to all Goodwill-Redwood Empire policies and procedures
- Represent Goodwill-Redwood Empire in the community as requested
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adhere to all peer center policies and procedures
- Must have current or former experience as a consumer of Mental Health Services
- Self-identification as a peer/mental health services consumer
- Knowledge of the mental health recovery movement
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to effectively involve peers in self-help activities
- Willingness and ability to make progress with the personal challenges that arise while serving peers with significant emotional and/or material needs
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills
- Must have peer counseling training or similar experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Clean office. Carpet. Overhead lighting. Temperate climate. Low to high noise level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, bending, walking, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning counters, tables and other surfaces intermittently throughout work shift. Fine finger movements with frequent computer use. Occasional vehicle travel. Ability to communicate verbally. Occasional gross manual dexterity.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Coordinator, Assistant Manager or Program Manager depending on program.
Department: WFD - Workforce Development
This is a part-time position