SEVEN TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Truck Driver – Class C
DEPARTMENT: Transportation / Operations
This position has a starting pay of $18.00 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a non-exempt/ full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Operates a 24-26 foot box truck to facilitate the delivery of donations, and transport processed goods to retail stores safely and on time, and in a manner that maintains and promotes Goodwill’s positive public image.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operates vehicle in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Loads truck by appropriate means (forklift, etc.) according to guidelines.
- Picks up and delivers donated materials according to safety and donation guidelines.
- Picks up and disposes of trash from CDC’s and stores.
- Performs daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies, per inspection checklist.
- Follows Goodwill reporting procedures for accidents, unsafe vehicles, or other unsafe conditions.
- Reports to supervisor the general condition of the CDC's, stores, stop sites, and reports any inconsistencies or inadequacies observed that, according to Goodwill guidelines, do not promote a good public image.
- Safeguards the property of Goodwill Industries.
- Completes necessary paperwork according to DOT and department guidelines.
- Maintain vehicles in a clean and neat appearance.
- Assures first aid and fire extinguisher for vehicles are adequate and work properly.
- Conducts self in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Requires a regular Class C license.
- DMV record with no preventable accidents or moving violations for the past three years, and no convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or reckless driving. Report must be acceptable to GIRE’s insurance carrier.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Previous truck driving experience preferred.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Present a clean and well-groomed appearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Driving truck. Exposure to all weather conditions/elements. Frequent interaction with the general public, including donors, customers, and clients. Frequent exposure to moving/mechanical machinery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent sitting, standing, walking. Continuous climbing, lifting, bending, stooping and grasping. Gross manual dexterity. Frequent pushing and pulling. Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and maneuver heavier weights using proper lifting techniques and safety equipment. Vehicle travel. Visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Warehouse/Transportation Supervisor
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
This is a full-time position