SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Career and Computer Lab Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
This position has a starting pay of $16.00 per hour
All Goodwill Employees receive a 20% discount in our Retail Stores! Please select the Benefits tab on our home page for more Benefits information.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Wellness and Advocacy Volunteer
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain current job listings for a wide variety of entry-level jobs
- Participate in the process of interviewing, selecting, and training volunteers, temporary employees, and interns
- Assist members in learning basic computer skills
- Ability to provide pre-placement services to members, including information on successful job-seeking techniques (resume development, application completion, networking, etc.)
- Emphasize motivation, self-esteem, the reality of the job search, and employer expectations
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of labor market information by using Internet job sites, newspapers, and other job placement programs (may be required to conduct pre-placement classes)
- May provide post-placement support on an as-needed basis to members to maximize job retention
- May include problem resolution between employer and client
- Organize activities to meet established program goals and may assist in establishing goals
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain employment resources by accessing community agencies, the Internet, and newspapers
- Assist members in using computers; for example, setting up e-mail accounts, Internet search, learning basic programs, and social networking sites
- Maintain an atmosphere of respect in the career/computer lab
- Ability to adapt to the pace of a wide variety of individuals in the environment.
- Provide assistance to individuals utilizing the storage space by taking inventory of belongings, and keeping records to track the storage process. Assist in placing containers on shelves with the ability to lift 50 Lbs. with assistance.
- Maintain knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations, minimum wage laws, wage subsidies, and other relevant areas
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding goals, activities, specific client problems, successes. and suggestions
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times
- Provide intake interviews to prospective WAAC members and give tours to interested parties
- Facilitate community meetings
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Adhere to Goodwill Redwood Empire and WAAC policies and procedures
- B.A. degree in Human Services or equivalent in related field, or a combination of experience and education which would provide comparable knowledge.
- Experience in customer service
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with the challenges experienced by those with mental health disorders
- Knowledge of consumer self-help and recovery principles
- Knowledge of the local labor market, ADA regulations, and laws regarding accommodations
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, employers, and co-workers
- Conduct self in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Ability to motivate persons served to move toward self-sufficiency
- Ability to work effectively in both workshop and individual settings
- Self-directed, assertive, and creative problem solver
- Highly organized with good attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with computer literacy in word processing and internet research
- Must have access to own transportation, valid California Driver License, an acceptable DMV record, and California auto insurance
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Clean office environment. Temperate climate. Tile floor. Overhead lighting. Moderate-level noise. Occasional same-day travel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing/sitting intermittently throughout the workday. Repetitive finger movements with occasional computer use; limited bending/stooping. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. with assistance of another person.
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: WFD - Workforce Development
This is a full-time position