SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Employment Services Specialist, Limited English (LEN)
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
This position has a starting pay of $21.00 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: The Employment Services Specialist (ESS) will engage in a wide spectrum of activities to assist persons with significant barriers to employment to successfully find and retain a job. The ESS may provide services to persons who are disadvantaged and/or disabled, or limited English speakers. Depending upon the specific program, services may be provided to individuals, groups, or a combination of individuals and groups.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide pre-placement services to clients (consumers) including information on successful job seeking techniques (resume development, application completion, networking, videotaped mock interviewing, etc.) (emphasis on motivation, self-esteem, the reality of the job search, and employer expectations)
- Provide direct employment services, including contacting employers (site visits, cold calls, participation in business and professional organizations, reviewing online job boards, etc.), to market employment services, programs, and clients with the objective of identifying suitable job openings
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of labor market information. May be required to conduct pre-placement classes, following established procedures
- Provide post-placement services to the client, as needed, to maximize job retention. May include problem resolution between the employer and client, consultation with employee, and regular monitoring of client performance (for the duration of the job as necessary)
- Promote and accept referrals, participate in staffing meetings, and keep the referral source informed of client progress
- Maintain all caseload paperwork per program procedures, and CARF standards
- Responsible for word-processing resumes, reports, cover letters, and data entry of program activity status
- Prepare billings in a timely and accurate manner
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times
- Organize activities to meet established program goals and may assist in establishing goals
- Maintain knowledge of Affirmative Action Guidelines, ADA Regulations, minimum wage laws, wage subsidies, and other relevant areas
- May recruit, assign, and monitor job coaches and/or skills trainers
- Remain current on the vocational implications of disabling and disadvantaged conditions
- Support other staff members through shared job leads and marketing
- Communicate to supervisor regarding goals, activities, specific client problems, successes, and suggestions
- Adhere to company policies and maintain CARF standards
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor
- BA Degree in Human Services or equivalent experience in related field and a minimum of two years of experience in job development, marketing/sales, or motivational/self-esteem building
- Ability to successfully work with persons who experience significant barriers to employment
- Knowledge of the vocational implications of disadvantaging or disabling conditions
- Knowledge of the local labor market
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, employers, co-workers, and referral sources
- Conduct self in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Ability to motivate the persons served toward self-sufficiency
- Ability to work effectively in workshop and individual settings
- Self-directed, assertive, and a creative problem solver
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Computer literacy is required to perform essential functions of the job
- Access to own transportation
- Valid California Driver License, acceptable DMV report, and California auto insurance
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Spanish required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: You will experience a clean office environment with carpet, overhead lighting, temperate climate, and low-level noise. Occasional same-day travel is required for visits to the client workplace(s).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will be standing and sitting intermittently throughout an eight hour shift, with limited bending and stooping, and repetitive finger movements during occasional computer use. You must be able to drive for local travel.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Coordinator, Program Manager, or Programs Director
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: WFD - Workforce Development
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position