SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Outlet Cashier/Outlet Key Holder
This position has a starting pay of $14.50 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a non-exempt/ full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under the direction of the Outlet Assistant Manager
(or Operations Manager) performs responsibilities to maximize sales and training opportunities in the most cost effective manner. Operate Cash Register according to cash handling procedures. Execute good Merchandising techniques. Enhances a positive image of Goodwill in the community. Serves as a training position for employees who are interested in advancement opportunities. May perform opening and closing responsibilities acting as Shift Leader.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None. Provides direction to subordinate employees when acting as
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Set example in providing professional customer service.
- Maintain inventory quality standards. May assist in production area: receive, inspect, grade, sort, tag, and price donations. Maintain adequate stock of supplies as directed by Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Operate Cash Register according to cash handling procedures including proper handling of voids and refunds.
- Maintain merchandise displays. Utilize all marketing tools per established procedures.
- Maintain facility and grounds in neat and clean condition at all times, and according to safety standards. Promptly report needed repairs/replacements to Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager and take action as directed.
- Be alert to and follow loss prevention and security procedures at all times. Report current or potential problems to Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Holds a key to store and registers and performs opening and closing procedures as directed by Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Assist with training employees, consumers and volunteers in proper work habits, job responsibilities, and policies/procedures as assigned by Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Handle customer complaints courteously and professionally.
- Provide temporary supervision coverage in Outlet as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Outlet Assistant Manager or Operations Manager
- High school diploma, or GED; basic math skills required.
- A minimum of one year cashier experience in a retail environment.
- Must have good cash counting techniques.
- Able to learn opening and closing procedures; voids, X and/or Z procedures.
- Able to organize and work independently.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and write English.
- Able to respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times.
- The ability to maintain productivity, and oversee the productivity of others, unsupervised.
- Ability to positively influence and motivate staff, ability to work cooperatively with managers, co- workers, consumers, volunteers and other agency personnel.
- Willingness to learn and execute good merchandising techniques.
- Some assignments may require access to a vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of California insurance.
- Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage calls.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to low level noise. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting.
Interaction with the general public. May be exposed to moderate levels of dust.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous bending, stooping, stretching, walking with mobility
throughout the store. Continuous simple grasping. Frequent to continuous fine finger movement to operate cash register. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required. Occasional vehicle travel.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Outlet Assistant Manager and Operations Manager.
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
This is a full-time position