Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant (Peer Operated Programs)
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health Division - WFD
This position has a starting pay of $14.00 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under general supervision, this position provides moderately complex general administrative support to ensure efficient and effective program operations.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide routine clerical support for administrative and program staff including answering telephone at the front desk, filing, copying, data entry from rough draft, processing department and agency documents, setting up and maintaining file systems for program components
- Timely and accurate data entry to update and maintain division database
- Efficiently operate general business machines, including: personal computer, copier, calculator and fax
- Assist with the creation of PowerPoint presentations and the program newsletter
- Make phone calls on behalf of the program
- Maintain confidential information with appropriate discretion according to Goodwill Redwood Empire (GIRE) policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to staff and members as needed
- Help to maintain a safe and inclusive environment at all times
- Facilitate groups and provide 1:1 support for members
- Adhere to GIRE and Center policies and procedures, including conducting self in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Maintain, monitor and inform supervisor of program office supply needs
- Facilitate meetings or take meeting minutes when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Self-identify as a peer/mental health services consumer
- Knowledge of the mental health recovery movement
- High School Diploma, some college or business education preferred
- Ability to take direction from a variety of people
- Highly organized, self-directed and detail-oriented
- Minimum of three years office experience preferred
- Proficient in Office Suite software - Microsoft Office and Outlook preferred
- Accurate typing at 45 wpm
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers and the public in person and on the telephone
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Clean office environment, temperate climate, overhead lighting, carpet, moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing/sitting intermittently throughout day. Continuous and repetitive grasping and finger movements to answer phone and use computer. Limited bending/stooping. Visual and hearing skills required. Ability to lift up to fifteen pounds moving materials or files.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: WFD - Workforce Development
This is a full-time position