SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.POSITION TITLE: Production Associate
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full time or Part time
This position has a starting pay of $14.00 per hour
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a non-exempt/ full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under the direction of site management, a Production Associate will provide exceptional customer service while receiving, sorting, pricing, and merchandising donations to the sales floor. Assignments may vary by day and can include processing of hardline or softline donations, sales floor recovery, and customer service.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Accept donations while providing outstanding customer service
- Inspect, grade, sort and process donations into appropriate categories – textiles, ware, Outlet Center, Salvage, E-Waste and trash, in accordance with current procedures
- Maintain donation records, including donor tax receipts and the Daily Donation Log
- Maintain accurate daily production records
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Notify the supervisor when supplies are needed or service/repair to equipment is necessary
- Be alert to security and loss prevention and inform manager or shift leader of potential or current problems
- Ability to work cooperatively with managers, co-workers, consumers, volunteers and other agency personnel
- Maintain a well groomed appearance
- Conduct self in a courteous manner at all times
- Perform other job related duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Physical stamina to stand, bend, and stretch for full work shift
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service
- Ability to read operating and safety instructions
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take direction, work independently and work with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to withstand frequent sitting, standing and walking on concrete or uneven surfaces. Ability to perform continuous lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling throughout entire work shift. Frequent pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver weights up to 400 pounds using proper equipment.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Store Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a full-time position