FIVE TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016 & 2017!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.POSITION TITLE: Flex Team Sales Associate
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full time or Part time
This position has a starting pay of $11.50 per hour with a 40 hour work week.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a non-exempt/ full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: The Flex Team Sales Associate will provide exceptional customer service at multiple locations as needed, while supporting sales, cashier and production functions to maximize sales and enhance the positive image of Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire (GIRE) in the community.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the highest customer service standards at all times, including greeting all customers; maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude; handling customer needs in a courteous manner; answering phones in a professional manner and directing calls appropriately; answering questions accurately; assisting customer in locating and/or selecting merchandise; and, thanking customers for supporting the GIRE mission
- Maintain the sales floor and inventory in a clean, neat and properly displayed manner
- Put away all merchandise that accumulates in fitting rooms and at checkout counters
- Stock shelves and racks as merchandise is moved from the production area to sales floor
- Assist in rotating stock per policy
- Travel to stores as needed for daily coverage as a Sales or Production Associate
- Adhere to all GIRE policies and procedures
- Refer customer complaints to the Customer Experience Supervisor
- Be alert to security and loss prevention and inform manager or shift leader of potential or current problems
- Maintain sales floor in a safe condition at all times, reporting any problems to the manager immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Dress appropriately for front-of-the-store customer contact
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with managers, co-workers, consumers, volunteers and other agency personnel
- The ability to maintain productivity
- Willingness to learn and exercise retail merchandising and selling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Reflect and maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a clean, neat appearance
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take direction, work independently and work with minimal supervision
- Able to provide own transportation to mutable stores
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Incumbent will be exposed to low level noise and moderate levels of dust in a retail environment with a temperature climate, overhead lighting and interaction with the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent will experience continuous bending, lifting, and stretching. Mobility throughout the store is required. Incumbent must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Continuous speech and visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Retail and Director of Operations
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a full-time position