SIX TIMES VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK SONOMA COUNTY, INCLUDING 2016, 2017 & 2018!
Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.POSITION TITLE: Retail Regional Manager
This position has a starting salary of $58,240.00 per year.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDED!!!
As a full time GIRE employee you will be eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 10 paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement account (medical), Life & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, a 20% discount in Goodwill retail stores, and more! Please select our Benefits tab on our home page for more information.CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Manage a region of retail stores in a manner that ensures maximum profitability, efficiency, security, and safety. Assume other management responsibilities and projects that drive financial results, and Customer/Associate satisfaction. Assist in the identification and development of ADC sites and donation drives as assigned.
All employees are to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Directly supervise assigned stores. Indirectly supervises all employees in assigned stores.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve designated sales and expense to revenue (E/R) responsibilities (budgets).
- Manage stores in a manner that will achieve overall departmental and company goals and nurture a pervasive, passionate, and customer-focused culture.
- Recruit, hire, and train assigned staff.
- Address performance problems in consultation with Human Resources and the Director of Retail Stores
- Ensure that all employees are trained in GIREs’ Safety Policies, and other policies and procedures. Make sure they are trained for the jobs they will be performing, trained for the equipment they will be using, and understand the potential safety hazards in their work area.
- Partner with GIREs Workforce Development Division to provide training and employment opportunities for program participants as directed.
- Successfully execute growth strategies in assigned retail operations.
- Coordinate with the Donations Acquisition Manager to solicit and schedule Donation Drives with area businesses, civic groups, and churches, etc.
- Assist in identifying locations for Community Donation Center sites, coordinating with the CDC Manager.
- Fully promote and participate in department and company initiatives.
- Develop and submit reports as directed by the Director of Retail Stores.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll data, daily reports, bank deposits, and other reports.
- Assist in data collection, analysis, and reporting to facilitate decision-making.
- Adhere to and enforce all company Security Policies and Regulations.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Standards and Procedures.
- Regularly report to the Director of Retail Stores on assigned responsibilities and identified problems.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Director of Retail Stores.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing individual goals and providing support information to employees and managers as needed.
- Effectively work both, as part of a team made up of diverse individuals, and alone with little or no supervision.
- Have a positive attitude and be a creative thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in successful store management, with preference given to multi-unit thrift retail experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Skills at an intermediate level. Typing skills of 45 WPM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of Safety and Maintenance Programs and Procedures.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver heaver weights with the proper equipment.
- Valid Class-C California Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record and insurance, or be able to obtain the requisite Driver’s License within the time frame specified by state law.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional to frequent bending and stooping. Occasional to frequent pushing and pulling of up to 50 pounds. Occasional to frequent moderate physical exertion. Intermittent to frequent standing and walking. Repetitive finger movements during computer use. Frequent travel between sites.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Retail Stores
Department: Retail Stores
This is a management position
This is a full-time position