With US headquarters in Austin, Texas, Cintra is the leading private-sector transportation infrastructure company in the world, with experience spanning over 50 years of innovative highway development on four continents. Today, its portfolio includes nearly 1,200 miles of managed highways globally, representing a total global investment in roadway improvements of over $24.8 billion. Cintra manages over $10 billion of infrastructure projects in the United States and more than $4.7 billion of infrastructure projects in Canada.
Your next calling:
As the Sr. Payroll & Compliance, you will have the opportunity to manage and process payroll for Cintra and provides payroll services to select US concession companies, including managing expatriate and local payroll, ensures accuracy of payroll concepts and taxes, and providing guidance on payroll systems and processes. The Payroll and Compliance Specialist is responsible for reviewing and analyzing company benefits, including the 401(k) plan, and providing support in the design and implementation of policies.
Functions key to success:
- Generate payroll for Cintra US and provide payroll processing service to concession companies while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Manage compensation components such as local and expatriate wages; management of request for social security certificates under the Totalization Agreements when applicable
- Work directly with tax advisors to provide information on expatriate compensation and manage the W-2 amendments as needed
- Ensure record retention regulations are met and develop best practices for document control
- Lead annual insurance plan renewal for US, including evaluation and analysis of plan options
- Maintain payroll database; ensure deductions are coded properly, garnishments applied correctly, PTO balances are accruing per company policy and any other aspect of payroll
- Manage annual discretionary bonus process and wage review process; act as liaison to concessions and Madrid headquarters as it pertains to the flow and gathering of bonus and wage information
- Update and maintain HRIS system (Bridge) with employee changes including new hires, terms, transfers, and wage changes
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, best practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters at a state and federal level
- Manage the filing of any necessary payroll tax reports (quarterly and annually)
- Manage 401(k) Plan and deferral payments, facilitate and manage annual testing process and 5500 filing
- Participate in monthly reporting through HR Metrics tool as well any other requested reporting
- Assist with implementation of new concession office, including research local employment laws related to payroll and other areas of HR
- Conduct employee relation investigations and address employee issues working in partnership with the HR managers, legal and compliance to make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
- Design and implementation of new policies and process improvement initiatives that comply with company objectives
- Complete employment verifications and employment letters as requested
- Perform other job related work as required
What you bring to the table:
You’ve worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a Bachelor’s degree, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position, higher education is preferred. Are you knowledgeable in HR practices and state/federal labor laws? Have you been working for at least 4-7+ years in this field? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box. Finally, a CPP certification or other relevant HR certifications would be the cherry on top.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what’s important to Cintra:
- Effectively manage tasks and strict deadlines with independence
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
- Ability to interact with external parties and vendors with confidence and clarity as a representative of the organization
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and comfort working autonomously
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast paced environment while ensuring accuracy in work product; strong focus on being detail oriented is a must.
Finally, in a technology-driven world, it’s important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other PC based programs.
- Experience with payroll software (AllPay is a plus!) , online benefits administration, and/or salary structuring software is a plus
Our working environment:
Cintra wants to ensure that all employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and commiserating amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. You will probably spend a majority of your time sitting and/or walking around the office, whether to visit a co-worker or make it to a meeting on time and there may be occasional long hours to put in if you are diligently working to complete a project and finish a report. There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, but not very often. Finally, there may be some light travel involved with this role! Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position