As an industry leading corrugated product manufacturer, we at Independent Corrugator Inc. (ICI) are committed to supplying structurally and aesthetically appealing corrugated material within a quick time frame.
We are an ever growing and ever-changing company currently seeking a highlight motivated Sr. Maintenance Mechanic to be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems and for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is performed safely, to specifications, instructions, and using best practices.
- Ensure the operating equipment is thoroughly inspected and perform preventative maintenance on a routine basis.
- Ensure all safety devices are in place and functional.
- Apply technical skills to troubleshoot breakdowns and make necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Regularly communicate with shift supervisors and machine operators regarding the status of equipment.
- Install, maintain, repair, service, troubleshoot and diagnose packaging related equipment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools as required.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and issues and determine which outsourced partners to work with.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance under preset maintenance program to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly,
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Responsible to maintain and sign off on maintenance reports for all equipment.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years’ experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Corrugated packaging equipment experience an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools as well as the use of measurement devices.
- Experience in welding and fabrication preferred.
- Be capable of reading and interpreting blue prints, plans and manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate comfortably in both verbal and written correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Must provide tools for individual use.
- High heat and noise levels
- Occasional kneeling, reaching above shoulder, working at heights and climbing steps
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in shifts (days, afternoons, nights – rotating weekly)
- Ability to work occasional overtime or weekends as required for preventative maintenance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Production/ Quality 90%
- Shipping 5%
- Scheduling 5%
Independent Corrugated Inc. (ICI) is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.