Packaging Technologies Inc. designs and manufactures high impact graphic corrugated containers /packaging, Point-of-Purchase displays and POS capabilities. Our new digital center consisting of digital printing, digital cutting, assembly and co packing can service all our clients’ requirements. Our talented design team combined with our award-winning pre-printed boxes will make your product stand out from the crowd at retail. We invite you to browse through our website to learn more about how PTI can make a difference in the way you look at your corrugated packaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for upkeep of all machinery.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance under preset maintenance program to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly,
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible to maintain and sign off on maintenance reports for all equipment.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Weld parts and repairs
- Diagnose issues on equipment and determine which outsourced partners to work with.
- Work with trainees to train and guide them on all tools and machinery
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- High heat and noise levels
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb steps
- Ability to work in shifts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Production/ Quality 90%
- Shipping 5%
- Scheduling 5%
Packaging Technologies Inc. is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position