If you embody integrity, teamwork, passionate excellence, and you enjoy working in a high-performing and high-energy environment, we are currently recruiting a highly motivated individual for the role of Packaging Structural Designer.
Create Innovative Designs using a multitude of different software to meet or exceed client requirements, in the one hand while keeping machine ability and production cost considerations in the other.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives Project from the Client Operations Manager, reviews them for completeness and understanding and deals with the Project Manager if there are areas requiring clarification; can deal with the customer if there has been a relationship established.
- Determines whether an existing design can be used (with improvements) as a basis or whether the project must be started from scratch; designs can take anywhere from a few hours to a week or more.
- Maintains regular liaison with other staff as the Creative Group work on a team basis for ideas and concepts.
- Produces the proposed design parameters using ARTIOS CAD and/or Solid works software; reviews them with the Account Manager and the client if clarification is required. Obtains a signed disclaimer if the client insists on a condition with which the Designer does not agree for technical reasons.
- Maintains cognizance of the price range for the product established by the Account Manager and produces a design that is compatible and a leading edge solution consistent with customer requirements. Always taking into consideration function and ease of assembly.
- Provides routing that stays within machine capabilities; maintains constant liaison with the production group as a new design starts up and as output continues.
- Has infrequent liaison with our internal Co-packers line leaders
- Accessible to assist sales with technical information and visits to the customers.
- To be familiar with all facets of the manufacturing process to endure all specifications are consistent and utilize company advantages.
- All relevant ISO procedures are followed.
- Continues to develop knowledge of Industry trends, Packaging Material, Government regulations and Production and Test methods.
- Keep the appropriate people advised as to any deviation or delay to assigned tasks.
- Works with Account Managers, Project Managers-Packaging and Display team and Production personnel on problems concerning estimating, specifications, tooling or anything affecting the quality of our product.
- Undertakes development projects to create new customers for our products.
- Produces Mfg. Specs, and emailing completed designs to our Suppliers when requested.
- Assist in checking incoming Steel Rule Dies and Mylars if requested.
- Assist in maintenance of Design Department, including regular clean up.
- Perform other task as may be assigned.
- 2-3 year certificate from college or technical school;
- Min 2-3 year related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and in field experience.
- Microsoft Office
- Artios CAD
- Solid Works – Not a must but preferred
- Adobe Illustrator
- Relationship and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organizational and time management
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Minimal travel between locations
- Creative Team 25%
- Account Manager 20%
- Project Manager 20%
- Production 15%
- Management 10%
- Clients 10%
Central is an industry leader in performance-driven marketing-at-retail solutions; specializing in both packaging and point-of-purchase (POP) display with clients across North America. Our dynamic company offers employees a collaborative, client-focused and business casual workplace with excellent benefits, and a unique supportive family culture.
Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position