Central is an industry leader in performance-driven marketing-at-retail solutions; specializing in both packaging and point-of-purchase (POP) display* :*with clients across North America. Our dynamic company offers employees a collaborative, client-focused and business casual workplace with excellent benefits, and a unique supportive family culture.
As a member of the Creative Team, the Designer’s function is to work with the Creative Team, PMs, Engineering, Structural Designers and Production Artists to produce conceptual ideas, sketches and 3D renderings that answer the client briefs for temporary, semi-perm and permanent retail displays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive briefs from Client services, ask appropriate questions, help fill information gaps and provide Client Services with questions regarding the briefs that require clarification.
- Produce conceptual ideas that answer the client briefs that support both the retail objective and the brand of the client. Conceptual ideas can range from sketches to digital linear through to full blown 3D renders using 3D Studio Max in a PC environment
- Produce graphic designs using imagination, creativity and graphics technology based on Adobe software and related equipment that are in alignment with the brand guidelines of the client.
- Maintains priority status of work in progress and consults with Creative Director to resolve any conflicting situations.
- Attend briefing meetings with the CD or ACD inside the office with various departments.
- Store checks and digital photography of the store environments for use in 3D renders
- Handles internal multi-media productions such as storyboards, digital animations, digitally printed materials and works with the Marketing Department and Creative Director to produce as required Sales & Marketing materials.
- Maintains frequent contact with Production to ensure that graphic ideas can be produced within the expected quality and time parameters.
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Two or Three-year post-secondary education from college or technical school in Graphic Design, Packaging, Illustration or Animation
- Two plus years of related experience in Retail Marketing, Advertising or Promotional Marketing using 3D software as the main tool for creating results-driven solutions.
- 3D Studio Max + add-ons such as Arnold
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Office
- Relationship and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organizational and Time management GR
- The ability to do hand-drawn sketches is considered a bonus
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Creative Team 75%
- Project Manager 10%
- Account Manager 5%
- Production 5%
- Management 5%
The Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies :
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail:. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position
Categories: Creative Design