Machine Operator is responsible for physically setting up the machine for a production run, constantly checking that Central Quality standards are adhered too during the run. The job entails the carrying out of periodic maintenance and the verification of inventory supplies. The assistant will be required to fulfill the functions of the operator during their absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques
- Inspect corrugate before each run to ensure that corrugate is to quality specification and particularly trim
- Monitor corrugate quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, wrap and correct size
- Conducts periodic quality tests during the run and prepares load tags to identify each skid
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operation the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Discuss any quality issues with the Operator and initiate appropriate actions
- Train and assist Stacker with job duties on the machine
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
- Adheres to production schedule
- Additional duties may be assigned by Management
- Ensures Quality Procedures are followed- reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor
- Intimately understands the requirements of the Work Order
- Clean Machine at the end of each shift
- Fill in for Operator during Operators absence
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak and write effectively to other employees and management
- Organizational and time management
- Good understanding of computers
- Colour vision is required (must have the ability to identify and distinguish colours)
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma; and/or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
The Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
Categories: Machine Operator