Central is an industry leader in performance-driven marketing-at-retail solutions; specializing in both packaging and point-of-purchase (POP) display with clients across North America. Our dynamic company offers employees a collaborative, client-focused and business casual workplace with excellent benefits, and a unique supportive family culture.
If you embody integrity, teamwork, passionate excellence, and you enjoy working in a high-performing and high-energy environment, we are currently recruiting a highly motivated individual for the role of Maintenance Mechanic - Millwright.
The Maintenance Mechanic- Millwright individual is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems and for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance under preset maintenance program to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble & install pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Responsible to maintain and sign off on maintenance reports for all equipment.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum five years’ experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industrial Millwright 433A Certificate
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position