Machine Operator is responsible for setting up the machine for each production run.
The operator will also be responsible for the crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Inspect corrugate before each run to ensure that corrugate is to quality specification and particularly trim.
- Monitor corrugate quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, wrap and correct size.
- Conducts periodic quality tests during the run and prepares load tags to identify each skid.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operation the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist feeder and packers with job duties on the machine
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
- Adheres to production schedule. Report any unusual scheduling issues to scheduler.
- Additional duties may be assigned by Management
- Ensures Quality Procedures and crew safety are followed
- Understands the requirements of the Work Order
- Maintain machine cleanliness at the end of each shift
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to enter data into our PC based software program
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of computers
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or two- four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Corrugator experience preferred
- High heat and noise levels
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb steps
- Ability to work in shifts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Packaging Technologies is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a non-management position / C'est un non-position de gestion
This is a full time position