Physically handle all incoming and outgoing shipments, the handling of all related documentation, and the maintenance of inventories and the scheduling of maintenance of related vehicles for The Central Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads the shipment and places it in inventory at the appropriate place.
- Advises management of any unusual situations relating to inventory and “quarantined” production.
- Expedites messages relating to incoming shipments.
- Determines the efficient distribution of skids within the trailer or truck and carries out the physical loading.
- Maintains constant contact with Head Office for shipping requirements.
- Schedules maintenance services for Trucks, trailers, tow-motors and forklifts.
- Conducts physical inventory counts as requested by Sales Services or management.
- On Plant Manager’s instructions, orders regular skids and CHEP pallets and schedules pick-up or delivery.
- 2 1/2 hours per day related to planning the clerical aspects of the job
- Extensive use of e-mail and voice mail
- Responsible for all materials coming in and product going out
- Does regular scheduling of deliveries – exceptions needing prioritization are passed up the line.
- Scheduling of maintenance of vehicles
- Interpersonal skills; organized; attention to detail
- Seeks out guidance and direction on rare occasions
- Demonstrates good judgment in examining and resolving problems and respects the confidentiality of company business, customers, and other personnel (pay, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before customers and/or employees of the organization and internal production staff, sales and management
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
One year certificate from college or technical school; and/or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to perform basic word processing, spreadsheet and other required software programs
- Shipping Software Program
Medium to Loud (examples: production department; large press equipment)
- Management -10%
- Customers – 10%
- Design Team - 5%
- Account Manager – 10%
- Project Managers - 25%
- Logistics Coordinator – 15%
- Shipping Foreman – 25%
The Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position