If you embody integrity, teamwork, passionate excellence, and you enjoy working in a high-performing and high-energy environment, we are currently recruiting a highly motivated individual for the role of Employee Health & Safety Lead.
The EHS Lead manages and promotes healthy and safe occupational practices at all company locations (8 environments). This Business Partner role supports and guides all employees to share the responsibility of allyship and creating a work environment where everyone is physically and psychologically safe and treated with fairness and respect. The EHS Lead is an integral member of every department and is responsible for enacting our Total Company commitment to employee wellness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead each of the Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC)
- Manage schedule and ensure completion of audits, hazard assessments, risk assessments and workplace inspections at all locations
- Recommend and implement corrective actions as needed
- Contribute to the creation of and/or maintenance of documents, such as SOPs, work procedures and training documents as it relates to health and safety
- Develop and deliver safety training to managers, supervisors, employees, and new hires, as determined by company requirements and/or legislation
- Conduct gap analysis of safety programs through internal audits; developing strategies to address non-conformance issues
- Lead and/or conduct incident and accident investigations; site liaison for MOL visits
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of new hire safety programs
- Manage the WSIB claim process
- Provide required safety reports as needed
- Lead the design, development and delivery of company policies and procedures (standardized across all companies - PTI, Independent and Central.)
- Manage the roll out of annual legislative and company specific training
- Maintain employee files in a centralized location and ensure up to date documentatio
- Work closely with managers to determine best course of action of any employee performance concerns and draft all paperwork related to health and safety discipline, conflicts
- Work closely with the HR for onboarding, training, and development programs to ensure consistency across the group of companies.
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- University or College Degree
- Occupational Safety Certification and Experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, managing compliance and legislative requirements
- Completion of a Health and Safety related certificate/diploma or professional designation
- Excellent relationship and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organizational and time management skills
- A good understanding of and experience overseeing compliance to provincial legislation and regulations, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the ESA, Bill 148, the Ontario Human Rights Code, etc.
- Excellent computer skills
- Designated Office space
- Office environments, Manufacturing environments
- Local travel between locations required
Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.