If you embody integrity, teamwork, passionate excellence, and you enjoy working in a high-performing and high-energy environment, we are currently recruiting a highly motivated individual for the role of Assembly Designer.
The Assembly Designer will be responsible for the development and completion of all post design documentation for client Packaging and retail POP display needs. This individual will utilize SolidWorks as the primary design tool to create client documentation and when required creative display representations. The Assembly Designer's work will support the creative/structural designer’s development and execution of their client required responsibilities supporting them to meet their marketing requirements using all creative software/resources provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create mock-ups and short production runs; Work closely with Structural Designers to create Mylar’s for Prepress/Project managers
- Receive projects/tasks from the Post Design Review them for completeness and understanding then seek out clarification from Project Managers/Sales/Design if information supplied is incomplete
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams during research, ideation, evaluation and validation stages of all design solutions
- Develop distribution (Product Manuals, Assembly Instructions, etc.) and in-store setup instruction sheets (Retail Assembly Sheets) for displays and retail packaging to support client education
- Ability to interpret and apply procedural standards based on individual customer requirements both internally and externally
- Must work well under pressure with multiple interruptions while continuing to meet tight deadlines
- All relevant ISO procedures and Quality Process documents must be followed
- Capable of producing Assembly documents using SolidWorks, Artios CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop that must be reviewed for accuracy before being released
- Able to create/recreate full color Renderings when required for both client and retail approval (understanding of 3D rendering protocols for the Packaging and Display Markets)
- Available as a backup for Sample Maker and all other Technical Writers
- Keep a clean and organized database of all Product Manuals, Renderings, Planograms and Instruction Sheets (All Production Design created documents)
- Continues to develop knowledge of Industry trends, Packaging Material, Government regulations and Production and Test methods
- Assist Structural Designers in preparing/revising Planograms to be sent for client approval
- Perform other tasks as they may be assigned
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree or Diploma in Structural Design, Package Engineering/Packaging Science or Industrial Design from an accredited institution
- Experience in display and/or retail ready packaging design/development 1 to 2 years
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong competency/experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong competency/experience with Artios CAD
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and basic design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to identify clearly and communicate any inconsistencies in information provided as it pertains to releasing documents for production
- Exceptional Organizational and Time Management skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Office environment, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Minimal travel between locations. If needed.
Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.