Compost Crew is a green business dedicated to closing the local food loop and helping to promote smart and sustainable practices for organic waste processing and composting. We work closely with local communities to always provide the best food scrap collection services and compost products. We provide pick up service and compost products for communities, individual homes and apartments as well as businesses, and we process our food scraps ourselves, creating high quality compost. Check us out at compostcrew.com
Compost Crew is seeking experienced, professional drivers with excellent driving skills and a detail oriented, customer service approach to their work. This is not an entry level position.
The Crew Driver will be responsible for driving the company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner while maintaining the quality of service our customers expect and ensuring each customer is served safely, efficiently, and effectively. As a Crew Driver for Compost Crew you are a representative of the company and our mission for a more sustainable world.
This position is a physically active position in which you will be driving, exiting and entering the vehicle usually more than 100 times a day, and lifting weights up to 60 lbs.
Start time is between 4am and 5am and shifts are over when all customers on the route have been serviced (usually between 1pm and 3pm); 40 hours/week available @ 20/hour. 2 month trial period included as part of training process. Benefits available after trial period.
- A regular schedule with at least 40 hours/week - $20/hour
- Health insurance, 401k, life insurance
- 2 month trial period
- Annual $1 raises after that
- Annual performance bonuses upwards of $500
- Operate company vehicles safely
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Collect food scraps from customers
- Clean customer bins and provide supplies when necessary
- Work independently and with a team (depends on the route)
- Be 'on call' for routes with overtime when not scheduled for a regular route
- An excellent driver with at least 3 years of driving experience (NO CDL required)
- Must have a clean/good driving record
- Active DOT medical card required
- Excellent customer service skills
- In good physical condition: able to lift 60+ pounds and able to be run/walk for much of the day
- Able to get your hands dirty - collecting food scraps
- Must have a personal vehicle for commute
- Must have a smartphone with access to internet
- An interest in sustainability preferred
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs