**Oregon Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program Qualified Agency**
Do you love working with adolescents and sharing your passions with them?
Are you a positive role model who can empower youth to overcome struggles while calmly managing their difficult behaviors?
Do you want flexible, part-time hours?
If yes, we would love to have you join our team!!
We are currently hiring mentors to work with youth in our treatment foster care program.
At Connections365, we work to bring healing to youth and families through various behavioral health services including treatment foster care, mentoring, outpatient mental health, and residential care. Often using creative activities, mentors work mostly one-on-one to instill pro-social skills, provide support during challenging behaviors, and connect youth with community resources. Our youth range in age from 8 to 18, have various mental health diagnoses, and experience moderate to intense behaviors. We strive to help each client successfully reach their goals and realize their potential.
Wage: $13.50 per hour
If you are right for this position:
- You have a genuine passion to help youth overcome difficulties. Relevant education and experience is a plus.
- You are able to interpret the message behind a behavior and utilize appropriate strength-based, therapeutic interventions.
- Recognizing the value of diversity and the importance of gender- and culturally-specific services, you can adapt your methods and approach to be effective for each unique individual.
- You can provide sight and sound supervision of youth to help keep them safe.
- You demonstrate competence in building and maintaining working relationships with youth and families.
- You can implement treatment plan goals and can help connect clients with community resources.
- You are professional, reliable, and a positive role model committed to upholding agency values.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You can transport youth with a reliable vehicle, have a valid Oregon driver’s license, have personal auto liability insurance, and maintain a clean driving record.
Here is what we have:
- A team of dedicated people who support each other as we passionately strive to bring hope and healing to our community.
- A serene 10-acre main campus with walking paths, an art and recreation room, a basketball court, and a therapy garden.
- Retirement benefits for all employees; health insurance, life insurance, and vacation benefits for regular full-time employees; and training and development opportunities.
- Connections365 is an approved site for the Oregon Behavioral Health Loan Repayment Program. Qualified employees may be eligible for college loan repayment.
This is a part time position