Cygnus Manufacturing Company (CMC)
is a precision manufacturer of products and components for non-invasive medical devices,
transportation, scientific instrumentation, energy, aerospace and defense applications.
We offer an extensive benefit package, 401K, flexible schedule and competitive wages.
- Schedules, assigns and monitors employees to maximize utilization of machines, equipment and personnel to ensure the production schedule is achieved;
- Setup and run manufacturing processes to achieve 50% Billable Time as an individual and 90% for their employees;
- Conduct training and instruction to all employees performing operations and assure compliance with proper procedures including current and accurate Visual Method Sheets, Setup Sheets and Work Instructions;
- Participate in estimating of new work;
- Participate in operator training and mentoring;
- Oversee quality of all operations per the customer prints and specifications to meet the valid requirements;
- Provide feedback to the Planning group of time variances, technical issues and alternate options to meet the production schedule;
- Communicates with employees’ the job expectations, including but not limited to, set up operations, run procedure, special processes and expected cycle times;
- Conducts performance reviews with employees at required intervals and provides frequent feedback on improvement opportunities;
- Ensures overall cleanliness of area and that proper maintenance is performed on all equipment for this area;
- Ensures all employees within the group follow company procedures and policies;
- Adhere to Employee’s responsibilities outlined in Cygnus’ Health & Safety Policy.
Additional Skills & Responsibilities:
- Associate Degree, minimum 5 years of experience and prior supervisory experience are preferred;
- Strong managerial skills including ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Good communication skills including computer literacy;
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining, fabrication, processing and/or assembly processes);
- Good decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to act proactively;
- Ability to adhere to required time standards in projects and work schedule;
- Ability to handle high pressure situations to maintaining deadlines to customers (internal and external);
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop environment (including hot, cold and/or noisy areas);
- Frequent hand to finger, handle, feel objects & tools, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing;
- Physically submit to periodic drug tests (employment is contingent upon favorable results).
Learn more about CMC at www.cmc-usa.com
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Cygnus Manufacturing Company