Cygnus Manufacturing Company (CMC)
is a precision manufacturer of products and components for non-invasive medical devices,
transportation, scientific instrumentation, energy, aerospace and defense applications.
We offer an extensive benefit package, 401K, flexible schedule and competitive wages.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments;
- Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflow;
- Achieve work/lead ratio of 75%/25%;
- Determining shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules;
- Provide feedback to the Planning group on time variances, technical issues and alternate options to meet production schedule;
- Inspecting incoming materials and notifying appropriate staff of potential quality issues;
- Directing movement of shipments to appropriate work areas;
- Ensuring shipping and receiving area is organized and clean at all times and meets all compliance factors;
- Investigating and solving customer problems and issues;
- Compiling and maintaining applicable metrics as required;
- Conduct training, developing and performance-monitoring activities for department employees;
- Conducts performance reviews with employees at required intervals and provides frequent feedback on improvement opportunities.
- Pull material needed for production as requested by Supervisors via pick lists;
- Deliver material to work centers to support production schedule;
- Issue materials in M2M via pick lists;
- Organize and maintain raw material warehouse storage & finished goods inventory;
- Verifies quantities of product received against the packing slip/purchase order;
- Perform inventory cycle counts;
- Maintain daily inspections of all receiving equipment as well as a safe receiving area per OSHA requirements;
- Must be able perform and manage multiple tasks and/or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, work flexible hours as needed and handle additional tasks as assigned;
- Ensures all employees within the group follow company procedures and policies;
- Adhere to Employee’s responsibilities outlined in Cygnus’ Health & Safety Policy.
- At least 2 years of previous Shipping and Receiving experience strongly preferred;
- Associate Degree and/or a minimum 5 years of experience and prior supervisory experience are preferred;
- Strong managerial skills including ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Good communication skills including computer literacy;
- Good decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to act proactively;
- Must be able to pass and receive a DOT medical card certification if required;
- Frequent lifting or moving of materials up to 75 lbs.;
- Ability to adhere to required time standards in projects and work schedule;
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop environment (including hot, cold and/or noisy areas);
- Frequent hand to finger, handle, feel objects & tools, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing;
- Physically submit to periodic drug tests (employment is contingent upon favorable results).
Learn more about CMC at www.cmc-usa.com
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Cygnus Manufacturing Company