Responsible for helping coordinate the recruiting functions for the company, ensuring timely and accurate submission of new hire documents for all employees. Responsibilities include the management and coordination of new employee on-boarding and required government documentation. Individual will also handle other HR Generalist duties as assigned. This position will be at our corporate office in Dallas, TX 75208.
This is a full time position
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, laws, standards, and government relations
- Apply current federal, state and case laws that affect Human Resources.
- Process ADP upload for new hires for a weekly payroll.
- Manage community events including Back to school donation and Adopt an Angel Program
- Track and report departmental statistics/metrics.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Maintain and report from Applicant Tracking Manager system
- Develop and administer recruitment and selection strategies
- Work closely with managers and senior management on recruiting plan/initiatives
- Maintain applicant tracking.
- Source, screen, interview, and assess candidates.
- Coordinate candidate interviews with managers and establish system for follow-up
- Conduct reference/background checks
- Negotiate and extend offers
- Work on Workers Comp/Injury Cases and report on status during monthly staff meetings
- Develop and maintain job descriptions, position requirements, and related competencies
- Participate in retaining a competitive compensation program
- Assist with other HR functions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- 2-5 years recruiting experience
- 5+ years Generalist experience
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Ability to establish good rapport quickly
- Strong organizational and project management abilities
- Knowledge of current HR law regarding employment
- Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
- Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects "on course."
- Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interest of others.
- Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
- Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
- Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one's own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Belmar Integrated Logistics