Come join a fun and dedicated team where you can make a real difference! AvtechTyee is committed to reducing our global environmental impact, supporting the health and safety of our employees, increasing the diversity of our workforce, and fostering mutually beneficial relationships within our community, all while developing and manufacturing some of the best and most reliable aerospace products in the industry….and we need your help!
Our team is searching for a Component Engineer – Electronics that will have experience with both new design and obsolete components processes within a highly regulated industry. You have a passion for working cross-functionally, like to “own your work”, manage multiple projects within a “roll-up-your-sleeves” culture to help position our company for new growth. Leadership skills would be a real plus! AvtechTyee believes that in-person interactions are necessary to support and drive innovation, productivity, cross-functional collaboration, effective communication, team cohesion, and employee engagement. Working on site at the facility is required.
You will be a part of a dynamic, collaborative Engineering team, supporting our Audio and Airborne Electronics products developments.
What you will be doing:
Performs engineering assignments associated with research, recommendation, selection and qualification of parts or components. Participates in design and development phases of complex projects with minimum of supervision and guidance. Responsible for ensuring parts selected meet technical and project requirements.
You will bring to the role:
- Demonstrates experience in researching and recommending passive and active components or parts for design in aerospace products and a broad scope of assignments based on analytical and empirical capability.
- Demonstrates experience with alternate parts and alternate source investigations to address obsolescence issues
- Demonstrates experience with the development of associated component data/drawings and the judgment/determination of part applications to meet program/project objectives and requirements.
- Demonstrates experience with BOM (Bill of Material) development and management for developmental and production programs.
- Demonstrates experience in design with integrated circuits, semiconductors, and passives.
- Demonstrates understanding of the application of technical theories and concepts as they apply to electronic components and the parts management field
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and hierarchy definition.
- Demonstrates data collection and presentation skills to adequately discuss system impact of component obsolescence
- Demonstrates clear understanding of engineering process not limited to problem reports, change orders, change requests, test plans.
- Demonstrates understanding of processes and products in multiple areas in a regulated industry.
- Solves clearly defined problems that are limited to assignment work area. Use of new techniques is often required in problem solutions. Evaluates and recommends technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices.
- Creates or updates drawings, Built of Material
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies to assignments that are broader in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity in applying technical solutions.
- Assists in and becomes involved with improving technical processes and products in own work group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant experience Subject matter expertise in electrical engineering as well as knowledge of the latest developments in the industry
- Experience throughout the entire hardware project lifecycle including, but not limited to; concept, requirements, design, qualification, certification and new product introduction
- Knowledge of Lean principles and a passion for continuous improvement
- Great interpersonal skills to successfully collaborate across functional groups and represent the company with professionalism to our customers
- Experience with Airworthiness, safety and Do-254. Knowledge of TSO and PMA application process
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing complex technical projects using earned value management. PMP a plus!
- Experience or familiarity with electronics manufacturing processes and test equipment.
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Knowledge of component failure modes by commodity
- Knowledge component reliability process monitors and/or qualification methodologies
- Knowledge of component selection, screening, qualification, and derating for use in military, and aerospace flight applications.
- Knowledge and experience with use of lab common equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzer, etc.).
**This position requires either a US Person (as defined in applicable export regulations) or a non-US person who is eligible to obtain required export authorization**
The target salary range for this role is $95,000 - $120,000, depending on your education and experience.
- 9/80 Work Schedule – every other Friday off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- HSA with potential company contribution, and/or FSA/DCFSA
- 401(k) with 3% match with no LOS requirement
- Accident/Hospital Indemnity/Critical Illness Coverage
- Auto/Home, Legal, Identify Theft, and Pet Insurance
- Allowance for Safety Glasses
- Allowance for Safety Shoes
- 10 Company-Paid Holidays
- 100% Education Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Referral Bonuses
- Quarterly lunches and other events
Since 1969 AvtechTyee has been a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of electronic systems and structure parts for the aerospace industry, with a focus in Audio, Airborne Electronics and Rods and Struts. AvtechTyee’ s products are flying onboard 42 aircraft types within the air transport, regional commuter, and business jet sectors, serving 450 customers in 49 countries of the world. Our versatility in supporting aerospace electronics requirements ranges from the custom design and manufacturing of Digital Audio Systems. The innovative design teams at AvtechTyee help anchor our competitive edge in this industry as we offer a broad range of system solutions and a proven ability to design, certify and manufacture equipment requiring electrical, mechanical, optical and software capabilities.
AvtechTyee is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
AvtechTyee is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our application process as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at 425-249-5290
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position