Reports to: director, pr/media
- Content writing, editing and proofreading for publications, newsletter and other long-form writing projects with a high level of quality and consistency throughout the creative process.
- Project manager for Client Partner projects on strategic and marketing communications and writing projects/campaigns.
- Writing copy and developing content for the firm and client digital/web projects to meet client strategic planning objectives.
- Scriptwriting for Client Partner video and moving pictures projects.
- Writing/distributing media advisories, news releases, news articles and op-ed pieces and conduct media followup calls to secure news placements.
- Providing support at client partner events by assisting with media relations, event details and photography/videography.
- Taking the initiative to build and develop pr and social media skills.
- Assisting in conducting research and competitive reviews for client partner proposals.
- Participating in client partner meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Ensuring all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention to potential problems before they occur.
- Providing support in cultivating new business opportunities through networking, community involvement and targeting specific industry-related prospects.
- Participating in firm cross-training exercises and internal professional development retreats and programs.
- Embracing the firm’s culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace.
- Working diligently and ethically toward the achievement of the firm’s mission and guiding principles.
- Completing timely and accurate timesheets.
- Meeting assigned billable goals.
- Abiding by and adhering to all employee policies as detailed in employee manual.
- Other duties as required.
- Have fun, make money.
- At least two years of experience in a communications or public relations position.
- A B.S. or B.A. in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or English.
- Extremely proficient grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Expertise in social media platforms with knowledge of their use, offerings and analytics.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with client contacts.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated web-based research skills.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship.
- An appreciation for branding, marketing and good communications.
Our culture rewards:
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
Sorry - no relocation or visa sponsorship available.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs