Join Our Dynamic Leadership Team!
We seek a Director of Engineering, to manage the daily operations of our 22 acre, 89 room luxury resort, world Class spa and Michelin starred food & beverage facilities. We are looking for a proven leader who can motivate our Engineering and Grounds Teams, work within the executive team and execute strategic plans for general upkeep and repair as well as larger improvement projects. The Engineering Director will direct and schedule repairs and maintenance for all areas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, hands on staff supervision, safety and health compliance, training, energy conservation, and other duties as necessary.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the facilities to ensure the safety and security of guests and associates and protect the asset for the owners. Manage the team to ensure operations are smooth and facilities function optimally for our guest experience.
- Lead a skilled team for professionals in engineering and landscaping. Motivate staff to stay, work and learn to the best of their abilities and grow with in the organization.
- Operate efficiently with in the division’s budget and capital plan. Manage improvement and renovation bidding process and contractor oversight to ensure quality work as minimal cost, consistent with maintaining optimal operations.
- Do what it takes to maintain a safe guest and work environment and protect the facility. Develop and direct emergency programs; ensure equipment is well maintained and contracts negotiated and valid, conduct inspections and drills.
- Minimum five years’ experience as Chief Engineer in hospitality field.
- Proven management and administrative skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean record
- Must display great leadership skills, demonstrating a team building teamwork attitude
- Must be able to multitask effectively and display excellent time management skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills, 2nd language a plus
- Support all resort policies, procedures, standards and culture
- Possess an excellent eye for detail and exceptional detail in follow-up
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills with the ability to quickly evaluate alternative solutions and decide on a plan of action
- Must possess strong mechanical and technical skills
- Experienced in electrical, mechanical, HVAC/R, plumbing and all aspects of troubleshooting
- Must be knowledgeable in carpentry, painting, masonry and all aspects of general repair, maintenance and construction
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement and a great working environment.
Framed by the soft ridges of the nearby mountains Solage accommodations are modern, thoughtfully-appointed and private – providing a resort experience that is unforgettable and unique to Napa. Whether you’re experiencing one of Spa Solage’s award-winning treatments, unwinding over Solbar’s Michelin-rated cuisine, or immersing yourself in the blue waters of a 130-foot landmark pool, every stay is destined to be a story.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position